Sunday, May 9, 2010

What a Blissful Mystery

Today I am sitting here with this warm fuzzy feeling inside contemplating God’s love. His plan is so wonderfully majestic that I am rendered in utter awe. Who would have imagined that His plan of salvation would involve that the kingdom would be established in hearts of flesh? That heaven is inside every believer where Christ has found an eternal resting place? I am quieted by the fact that He in His mysterious humbleness has chosen to make Himself manifest in human flesh. Every single cell in my body is sustained by His life.

My entire being leaps with joy when He tells me that I am not of this world, that I am a partaker of divine nature and that I am destined to spend an eternity with Him. His love desired my existence into being, and I am now a part of that triune flow that has existed from before the foundation of the world. How could it be otherwise? He will always remain faithful, because He cannot disown Himself. He has sworn an oath regarding His relation to me. Since He could not find anyone greater than Himself, He made the oath with Himself. He will always remain faithful to His oath, because He is unchangeable and cannot lie!

I am thinking about the mystery of the cross where I went into Christ in His death and disappeared for suddenly being resurrected in Him as a new creation with an entire different genealogy from the one I had. I am new through and through. Who would have imagined? In His love He is fussing around making sure that I know who I am in Him. That is His greatest delight to establish His beloved son in who he is. His heart almost bursts with pride when He beholds me. He is boasting unconstrained of me wherever He goes in the Heavenly realms. Could it be otherwise? After all, I am His offspring!

No comments: