Sunday, May 16, 2010

Your Servant Loves It

Your promise is well tried and your servant loves it (Psalm 119:139).

I readily admit that I do not know God particularly well. There are sides with His person that still are shrouded in a mysterious dimness. I know He is love, but what do I know about love? I have some human concepts on love, but He always escapes my attempts at defining Him within those boundaries. He is simply too great for me to fully know. Most likely I would be devoured if He manifested Himself to me in all His glory. Nevertheless, I like Him. I like Him a lot.

What I to a certain degree do know is His promises. My life is grounded on this promise in particular:

“This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time,” declares the LORD. ”I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. ”For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Jer 31:33-34)

This most astounding promise is well tried in my life, and it stands fast, unwavering in all trials and tribulations, and it keeps my feet on secure ground whatever circumstance I encounter. As the psalmist I love this promise. It has changed everything.

No comments: